In this episode, we are joined by Emerson’s Dr. Rajan Rajendran who is the VP of Systems Innovation Center and Sustainability. Today we answer the question, “Is it still legal for me to charge my R-22 system.” In addition, we explore the reasoning behind the phase-out of the R-12 and R-22 and the effects caused by this decision. We also discuss the Montreal Protocol and how this relates to the phase-outs.
Host: Lindsay Headings, Digital Marketing and Content Manager, Emerson
Co-host: Jennifer Butsch, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Emerson
Guest: Dr. Rajan Rajendran, Vice President of Systems Innovation Center and Sustainability, Emerson
- 0:10 – Welcome
- 1:05 – Who’s Rajan?
- 4:14 – Why phase out R-12 & R-22?
- 8:02 – How the phase-out works
- 10:30 – “Is it still legal to charge my R-22 system?”
- 12:15 – Impacts of the phase-out
- 14:11 – New question of the week
- 14:45 – Useful resources