Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | iHeartRadio | RSS | More
In this episode, Lindsay and Jennifer talk all about efficiency and the impact of new efficiency regulations in residential, commercial air conditioning, and heat pump equipment. We discuss the regional differences and requirements for the new regulations. In addition, we also evaluate the residential SEER increase and commercial IEER increase, new test procedures, when these changes will take place, and the reason behind the increase.
Host: Lindsay Headings, Digital Marketing and Content Manager, Emerson
Co-Host: Jennifer Butsch, Director of Regulatory Affairs, Emerson
- 0:09 – Welcome
- 0:49 – Answer to the previous question of the week – What about efficiency? Are there any new efficiency regulations on the way?
- 1:34 – Regional requirements and the new SEER standard
- 3:22 – Effective date of the 2023 regulations and regional differences (install date vs. manufacture date)
- 5:07 – Impact of the new test procedures (SEER2, HSPF, EER2)
- 6:54 – What to keep in mind when transitioning your inventory
- 7:58 – How will the new required regulations affect commercial equipment?
- 9:00 – Anticipated effects of the 2023 efficiency requirements
- 10:37 – Question of the week
Additional articles on the new 2023 efficiency regulations:
Previous Episode: New Refrigerants, New Codes, and New Standards