With Wi-Fi-enabled thermostats predicted to outsell standard digital thermostats in the next five years, many contractors are making room for these next-generation thermostats on their trucks and in their business plans.
To ensure you are taking advantage of the opportunities provided by the rapid change to this market, we put together a list of five things every contractor needs to know about Wi-Fi thermostats:
- Wi-Fi thermostats can be both affordable AND profitable. Shop carefully to ensure you are bringing your customers a Wi-Fi thermostat that meets their pricing expectations and offers your business strong margins. Check with your local wholesaler for their top recommendations.
- They are easy to install. Don’t worry about your technicians having to learn complex new technology. There are quality Wi-Fi thermostats available that will walk you through the online setup via a mobile app.
- Wi-Fi thermostats offer an opportunity to promote your business. Be sure to take advantage of the Wi-Fi thermostats that allow you to enter your business name, phone number and even logo. This way, your business is top of mind when system service is needed.
- No c-wire required. More than 60 percent of homes do not have a c-wire. Good news, there are reputable Wi-Fi thermostat options that do not require one.
- Homeowners love the convenience. Over 70 percent of homeowners who have a programmable thermostat don’t use the programming feature. The ability to adjust the temperature quickly to is a welcome convenience for busy homeowners.
Today, three out of four homes have Wi-Fi. Distributors and contractors, now is the time for to help grow your business by offering affordable options for Wi-Fi thermostats.